Thursday, September 13, 2012

week 3

3 weeks behind us, 49 to go!

Things are just trucking along, full speed as always. We have been so insanely busy that I feel like the second I lay down for bed each night I instantly wake up to the sound of lightening mcqueen bashing into Mr Pants' door... meaning it's morning of course.

Busy is good in times like these, leaves much less time to think. I do reminisce of our  simple peaceful two years spent in ALA-BAMA ( That's cheerleader for Alabama, incase you were confused) and ache a bit at how much things have changed. I miss having nothing to do and MAKING things to do, I miss being forced to cook every meal, I miss being surrounded by friends-turned-family, I miss hearing helicopters overhead 24/7, I miss running through Ft Rucker and that ONE hill that always kicked my A, I miss the best cupcakes on the planet, but most importantly I miss being a complete family and having my husband by my side. Ok that tangent came out of no where, I apologize,  this is what happens when I sit and think for a millisecond.

So here was week three-

What to remember:
1. Spending a nice weekend in the beautiful mountains of Show Low with Grandma Mush.
2. Running my favorite distance- 13.1- at a perfect 52 degrees at sunrise through pinetrees and wildflowers. Seriously heaven.
3. Picking up pizza on a jog with the boys Friday night.At least I earned the pizza right?
4. Going to Imagination Avenue with Jamie and Abbie. If you live in Phoenix,  have kids,  and haven't gone I REALLY recommend it. It is a little place that is set up like a toddler sized indoor village complete with Home depot, bakery, school, market, nursery, jail, etc and in the middle is a sectioned off baby area that is perfect for Kaners. It is quant and easy to manage with little ones.
5. The sweet moment Mr. shared with me the other night as he comforted his worn out Mama.

What to forget:
1. A few intense tantrums over the weekend, which is inevitable when you travel with little ones.
2. Basically daily breakdowns on my part when I realize I just can not accomplish even 50% of what I need to each day.
3. The beagles. Enough said.
4.Yet another tub pooping incident - I thought we had gotten through that phase.
5. Sunday night football.

What to look forward to:
1. Finishing the new crib sides turned into art easel repurpose we have going on.( pictures to come!)
2. A new 2 year old educational unit based on the alphabet I have been slowly working on but am SUPER excited to share it. We are beginning it on Monday :)
3. 17 miles Sunday- Really don't know if I'll survive this one.
4. IT may not be next week but that fact that my SOLE sister and favorite person ever is coming next month from Wisconsin < and her bun in the oven>,  just booked her ticket and It will probably be in this category for the next month.
5. Everyday that we get to see and talk to Daddy <3 he really makes every stressful day better somehow.

Have a great weekend friends! Enjoy the start of fall if you are anywhere but Phoenix Arizona  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment