Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Full circle


Tonight was one of those nights that my tornado of a toddler left me completely awe struck and I just  can't resist sharing. 

So here we are. After a completely exhausting day beginning with a way too early wakeup from an un-named girl beagle, a removal of diaper during nap time , and running errands with two teething babies... my head hurts so terribly I can hardly see straight. We are in the bathroom, Mr. Pants is out/pjed/teeth brushed, Kaners is out of the bath about to get dressed. Mr. decides he wants to sit on the potty AGAIN but frankly I do not have the time or patience as I have a barking dog and a baby to get pjed and fed. As I realize how awful this is that my son WANTS to try going on the potty but I, as his Mom, can not even help him I ultimately lose it and begin sobbing. Possibly the first real cry in front of him ever.  As soon as the tears begin to pour Mr. climbs onto my lap, places his arms around my neck for a "tight squeeze", and begins rocking me with a quiet " SHHH SHH" The same way I have been calming him down for the past two years. For a good minute he would pull back, look me in the eyes, squeeze tighter and quietly shush me. 

WHO is this kid? This wild toddler that gets into everything, only has one speed and that is FULL, needs my attention 25/7, but also rocks his mommy to quietly calm her and make everything ok. He is his Daddy's son, that's who he is.

Sometimes it is difficult to look past the tornado that is a two year old, but the eye of that storm is silent and peaceful. 

Our son is amazing, and nothing in that moment could have made me feel better than being rocked and shushed by my wild child. 

So much more to say but NOT enough time-

More to come this week including some beagle news, a few craft projects, and a 2 year old home learning program I have in the works!

------Never forget 9-11... all the heroes that lost their lives on that day and the many men and women that continue to fight to protect our country the red-white-and blue. ----


No comments:

Post a Comment