Thursday, November 15, 2012

weeks 11+12

I realize now why I have been documenting week by week of this deployment. I missed a week and ALREADY forget that entire week. What happened? Thank you iphone for keeping track for me...

 IS IT SERIOUSLY THANKSGIVING NEXT WEEK!?!!!HOLY COW!

Ok so here goes a quick review of the past two weeks. A pretty life changing two weeks might I add... ok I know I'm dramatic but really running your first 26.2 is life changing in itself not to mention doing it amongst such inspiring people.

We had a blast at Steven's 'girlfriend' Abby's birthday party ! The theme was Minnie Mouse, and her little minnie outfit was the CUTEST thing you will ever see. Steven was obsessed with the giant Minnie balloon. ALmost to the point of being Awkward for the rest of us, like his little blow up girlfriend. Kaners loved all the attention from Auntie Candace and Robin, lucky guy! 


MR. Kane turned 9 months! Since we couldn't celebrate with Daddy we went to the park and checked out his brick at the Veteran's memorial instead 


Nothing new, just a trip to target. But check out how big he is getting! 


 Then the sickness hit Mr. Pants and I. NO FUN! I could indulge in the gory details, but I will refrain. It was horrendous . I really thought there was no way I would make it for my race and was devastated. Luckily it was of the 24 hour stomach bug variety, and was gone before we knew it!

What an amazing weekend in Georgia. I really do love the south. Maybe it's from being born in Florida, maybe it's because it is where we started our family, or maybe it's just the boiled peanuts and excessive use of y'all but it really does make my heart happy.

The race was perfect. The group of people running for Mat were all so inspiring to be around. I still can't believe how fast my little legs took me, coming in 20 minutes faster than expected. Hitting a marathon under 4 hours is something I had hoped to one day achieve, but something MUCH bigger than me helped me reach this goal the first time around!

Tovah and I were able to run together the first few miles of the course...


Trucking along around mile 18 I think...


FINISHED! 

Our group running for Mat


His family. 
Honoring their Soldier and Hero.

After the race they all headed back to Washington where Gonzaga, his Alma mater, held a 5k run for him Monday morning in honor of Veteran's day. 

I was so happy to return home to my boys after a great trip. We are lucky to have my Mom right here to not only help out while I trained for 4 months, but also to keep them happy and healthy while I enjoyed some peace and quiet :)

This week was a week that we have been waiting for since about February! WHY? BECAUSE the Johnson's are finally in AZ! It took moving to Alabama to find each other, even though we went to high school in neighboring towns. I'd like to call them our " soul family. " You know that balance that forms between people that is too good to be true. The type of oppositional balance ideal in marriages and best friends? That is our family to the Johnson's. We all balance each other out so well that we almost just mesh into one family, and it is perfect. Unfortunately Todd is heading to another desert soon, but we are fortunate that we  have each other here for support for the next 9 months. 

Mr . Pants and Coey eating some grilled cheese. 
Their laughter together is contagious 

Baby Kane loving on Todd

Last night before bed, Mr. Pants picked out a random book about dog breeds to read .He has been very into non-fiction lately, and this was a nice change from the NatGeo book on tunnels.
 Apparently something is really funny about Chihuahuas... 

It is finally getting cool in Arizona! My mom was panicking that the boys didn't have enough warm clothes, which set me into a mild panic about shopping. So this morning I went into the boxes that have yet to be opened since the move... and it was like CHRISTMAS already! Turns out that Kane fits into Steven's entire first fall wardrobe, and Steven still fits into LAST year's fall wardrobe. WIN! The joy of having boys. No shopping needed . Good thing we live in Arizona again and they get to wear hoodies and jeans for a whole 3 months until its summer again... sigh... I need a cold climate ASAP. 

Tonight we got to spend some time with my Cousin and his beautiful family that is visiting from Alaska. Here are the kiddos pigging out on ice cream and cake at Great Grandma Olson's house like we used to do.



After a long couple weeks for Steve...only 6 more days until HE IS HOME! I told Mr. Pants today that Daddy comes home next week and all he said was, TACKLE HIIIIIM. 
Thanksgiving is going to be amazing , we have way too much to be thankful for this year. 
I just hope that the week goes as slow as molasses. The 9 months after with no more R&R is a little unsettling. Do-able of course, but unsettling. 

As fortunate as we are, many friends are without their service member this entire holiday season. Keep everyone of them in your thoughts and prayers please and remember that your freedom is not free. 

HERE is to an amazing week to come . Happy Thanksgiving week to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment