Sunday, December 2, 2012

100 days

We've done it! We've reached the hundred day mark in our first deployment ... Only 252 days to go !

The series we just finished up at church was about forgotten virtues. Today our pastor spoke about integrity and not pretending to be something that we aren't, how ultimately the truth sets us free. So here is some truth without the sugar coating.

I didn't keep track of the last two weeks, and to be quite honest I'm not going to. We had a busy week preparing for thanksgiving , and then an absolutely amazing week together as a family . I like to keep track of the weeks here so that my brain doesn't have to, but spending that one week together is something that will always remain a clear and perfect memory.

So this is tough. Saying goodbye for a second time . The first time was more like 'ok see you in a few months no big deal.' But this right now is the real deal. We said goodbye on Wednesday knowing that the next time we touch will be August at the earliest .AUGuST??!! Yikes. Typing that brought that nauseating lump to my throat .

Anyone that knows two year olds knows that from2-3 is a serious intellectual growth spurt. In the past three months mr. Pants has grown up more than I even realized. He now completely understands what is going on. We talk at night about bad guys, and Apache's ( sometimes even chinooks) , Daddy's gone bye bye , and even listing Daddy's friends that are working in 'afi-Stan ' too . Last night he told me that he's scared. What a helpless feeling to know that your two year old is scared about something so completely out of your control. And even more disconcerting that all you want to say is... Me too baby, me too. But you can't because it's your job to be strong .sigh.

I'm really not trying to throw a pitty party. I know we will move forward, and the next 9 months will be over before we know it .

We all always debate who has it harder , the spouse or the soldier. I think we have it all wrong. The one that gets hit the hardest IS the military child. As spouses we know what we are getting into, but our kids are born into this life . God created them to be strong and flexible children, but at the end of the day they have more stress than we realize . The thoughts they have , the fears, the sad days are much stronger than we see. No matter the age.



I CAN say YAY for 100 days.

YAY for great family that is keeping me too busy to even think straight most days

And YAY for awesome Army wives whose support and love makes all the difference in the world.


As always, thanks for reading friends, have a wonderful week.

 Roll tide? I don't know. That's the only closing phrase that came to mind. I was in Alabama for too long...







No comments:

Post a Comment