Friday, November 2, 2012

10 weeks

10 weeks down! That is just about 1/5 the way through this deployment!
Only 42 weeks to go.

For this week I am feeling like a little photo journalism style is much more fitting- between the abundance of pictures as of lately and the lack of time to think AKA make intelligible words. See there I go, not really making much sense.

We started off the weekend with a trip to Schnepf farms in Queen Creek. If you haven't been out there and live in Arizona you need to check it out. It's highlights are definitely the fall festival but it is open in the winter for Ice skating and Santa, the spring for a Peach festival, and a U-pick garden for all the time in between. My only regret is not planning an entire day out there, our trip was short and late in the day which ... well we all know how well toddlers and babies do during the "late in the day" time. 

Uncle Bob walking with Mr.

My busy boys and I

Loving on Aunt Courtney, like always.

SO happy to have found sunflowers in AZ. You would think there would be more .. right? Sun-Arizona hmmm

Sunflowers+Kaners = HAPPY Mama

Bouncing with Grandpa, his favorite pasetime 

Worn out at the end of the night 

THEN  we celebrated Grandma's 3-5 birthday ( we just won't say what order the numbers should be in...)


Mr. had his first Gymnastics class this week...


How cute is he? 

We had a blast Trick or Treating. It was Mr.'s first year actually WALKING so he was pretty thrilled about it. Of course sweet Kaners enjoyed the wagon ride and his very FIRST Halloween!  We Started off at Papa and Grandma's and made our way around the block. I must say my Mother in Law did an amazing job on their hats! It was an idea off Pinterest I asked her to make, they turned out so cute. I just pieced the costumes together inexpensively with comfortable alternatives to the itchy scratchy stuffed costumes you find in the store. 




Papa and Kaners- talk about BLUE eyes! 




So I SEMI dressed up... Christopher Robin with his Pooh bear and Tigger. 



Always wanting what his brother has !
This week has been all about the tackling. Every night before bed our living room turns into a wrestling match. Poor Kaners.


As fun and sweet-filled as Halloween is, I personally am so glad it is over so we can focus on the REAL holidays of the season. Especially because the NEXT holiday is Thanksgiving, and we get Daddy home for an entire week! It will be his only time home for the year, but we will absolutely make the most out of every second we have together. As a family. 

One week until the Soldier Marathon. I am feeling extremely ready for it, more so physically than emotionally. I have so many thoughts/feelings/ stories about the past 4 months of training. This week I fully plan on sitting down and dumping it all out on here to not only get it off my head, but also to share some tips and motivation! 

It's election week. But I've learned that if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all. 

HAPPY NOVEMBER! I really hope this month goes by as slow as humanly possible. 












No comments:

Post a Comment