Friday, October 12, 2012

week 7

If 6 is the unholy number, and 7 is God's number... the last two weeks make perfect sense. Comparing week 6 and week 7 are like night and day! 

WHAT an amazing week. I knew my trip was coming up but like all things that are left in the hands of the Army, you never can really count on much. Up until the second I left for Colorado I had it in the back of my head that something COULD come up, a change in schedule COULD happen. BUT it didn't, and once again the power of prayer became bigger than us. 

Not only did we get to spend 2 days together, but two days KID Free which we have never done since the birth of Mr. Pants, and two days in BEAUTIFUL Colorado springs. Really we couldn't have asked for more. It was nothing short of amazing and definitely provided a much needed re-charge. 

7 weeks down only 45 to go

Things to forget: 

1. Spending all Day last Friday at Children's hospital. After a long week of testing and some scary test results, everything was solved and the proper medication was given in the end. 

2. my second to last long run before Race day- 19 miles. I really do want to forget it though because HOLY cow was that exhausting. I didn't stop and managed to keep a 9:30 pace but it still is getting WAY beyond my comfort zone. 

3. Leaving Colorado and my husband. Goodbyes are never easy but saying goodbye to a beautiful city and a beautiful husband was pretty devastating. 

4. Two days without my babies. I love those two so much, they are literally my entire world and being without them just doesn't seem right anymore. The heartache that their Dad goes through every day not getting to hug/kiss/tackle them is something I will never  understand. He is much stronger than I.

5. OF course my favorite 2 year old greeted me with one of his infamous anti sleep campaigns. Two days waking up far too early and cutting naps entirely too short. We are good now but that is just never fun for anyone.

Things to Remember:

1. Um. Colorado.  Delicious food, breathtaking scenery, gorgeous weather, beautiful Ft Carson,  awesome run, but of course most importantly enjoying every second with the best husband in the world.

2. Hugging and kissing my husband, NOT through an ipad screen <3

3. Grandpa Trumbull and Grandma Dana coming up to visit from Queen creek- the boys had a fun time riding the train and hanging out on Saturday.

4. The fact that I never had to worry about the boys during my trip. No one could have done a better job taking care of them than Grandma Mush and Grandpa, I'm sure they had a blast the whole time. 

5. How brave my little Mr. was last week. Getting shuffled from Xrays to EKGs and put on way too many medications- he really took it all so well and am EXTREMELY proud of the little Man.

Things to look forward to:

1. Aunt Milania coming to town Thursday !!

2. NAU homecoming

3. only ONE super long run left- 20 miles. WOO HOO I'm almost there

4. Halloween

5. Before we know it , it will be thanksgiving and DADDY will be here for a week <3<3
Hanging out at Phoenix Chilren's

Finally leaving after a long day- " TRACTOR!"

Riding the Train with Grandma and Grandpa


LOVE HIM

Checking out Ft. Carson

Beautiful Pike's peak

Playing with the Panorama on the the IOS update 


We made it! 







'


pretty leaves


Date night


 First time on the swings

I came out from getting Kane and found this. Apparently Grandma gave him her broken glasses. He was DEAD serious about them too.





No comments:

Post a Comment