Friday, August 31, 2012

Week one down

WOo HOO! One week down < Insert party horns here>

Honestly if the next 51 weeks go this quick he will be home before we know it.

I guess chasing THE most energetic toddler I have ever met, paired with the 6 month old's eating/napping/playing routine  really doesn't allow for any time to over think things. Or really time to think of ANYTHING for that matter besides cars-trucks-trains-Apaacchess-elmo-pooh-superhoes-letters-numbers-shapes-Dr.Suess- you get the picture.

We have a list a mile long of projects to start/finish, books to read, learning activities to explore, so on and so forth to take on when boredom hits but that list seems to be growing rapidly without any trimming. Which is fine, really.

We did have ONE mini meltdown last sunday when Mr. Pants was in Sunday school. The sweet teacher explained to me that they were just saying that God created Mommies and Daddies and immediately he began sobbing DADDY-MOMMY for the rest of the hour. sigh. Broke my heart as tears also poured out of my eyes and I tried to explain to her that his Daddy was officially gone for 12 months .

The rest of the week was filled with a trip to the children's museum, library visits, swimming at Grandma's, getting and assembling a big boy TWIN bed  with the coolest secret hideout underneath, and even a trip to the doctor complete with shots for BOTH boys which we conquered quite well if I may say so.
Checking out my new bed with Daddy
Secret hideout

HAPPIEST baby


I have been filling my nights -post 7 pm bedtime- quite peacefully. Any time I get is spent either logging in my weekly runs on the treadmill, reading book #2 of 50 shades, watching episodes of Big Love which I am newly addicted to,  or less joyfully tackling all of the household chores that used to take 2 to complete. Emptying the diaper genie ALONE is enough for me to praise my husband for all that he normally does around here. Sick. Taking out that huge sack of S*** is seriously disgusting.

The good news is that it is officially FOOTBALL SEASON! Alleluia . Maybe it has to do with being raised in a sports obsessed house, but nothing is more comforting than hearing football commentators on TV. Watching games solo will take some getting used to though.  Sundays are always spent in our PJs/jerseys cheering on the Steelers or whoever is playing the Patriots. Last year we spent just about EVERY Saturday eating pulled pork learning the traditions of the Crimson Tide from our die-hard alumni neighbors. I hate to love that houndstooth.


 Tomorrow morning I step out for a 15 mile run . One mile closer . One mile stronger. One mile more than I ever thought possible.


I miss my husband. I miss him a lot. I miss arguing with him about anything and everything. I miss the way he checks on the boys every night before he goes to sleep. I miss how life is so much more unpredictable with him here.  I miss the laughter that spews through the house when he is around. We are so very lucky to be able to FaceTime with him and chat regularly right now, something that will not always be the case. I just keep reminding myself that I am INCREDIBLY lucky be married to such an amazing man , lucky that I have someone to miss.

Happy weekend friends! Enjoy your 3 day,  please kiss and hug your loved ones just because you can.









No comments:

Post a Comment